Microsoft Corporation Interaction Designer in Bangalore, India
Microsoft Teams Interaction Designer
We’re looking for a talented designer to join us to help define and design compelling experiences that empower teams to achieve more together. You will have the opportunity to shape the direction of Microsoft Teams, a new chat-based collaboration app that is changing how people work together. Our design team is a highly collaborative group of user researchers and product and visual designers. We value creativity, open idea sharing, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by our millions of users. We want them to love our products. We are looking for a well-rounded interaction designer that can conceptualize the big picture as well as drive detailed design development for collaboration and communications user experiences. You should have a proven record of innovative thinking, a history of using design to drive new ideas and the ability to help others to make the right design decisions. Candidates will work with other designers and PMs to create forward thinking designs that are user scenario driven and meet business goals. At the core of this job candidates will identify user centered design patterns, establish scenarios, place designs into user context and create interactions that align to those requirements. Candidates must be able to articulate their thinking using a variety of mediums from information diagrams, wireframe flows to detailed prototypes. You will need to show attention to detail and passion in the work you produce. A solid understanding of graphic/visual design is advantageous.
• Help support Lead designers in delivering world-class interaction designs from initial concept through to shipping.
• Help solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways, that blending together brand personality, visual, motion and sound to create delightful experiences.
• Create and assess design solutions based on user research data and user goals.
• Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
• Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
• Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
• Be self-directed and able to self-manage.
• Have solid IA and visual design skills.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 2+ years experience in interactive design, information architecture.
• Experience in software design.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
• History of impacting shipping products with your work.
• Graphic/visual design experience.
• Design or HCI degree, or comparable work experience.
• You can handle complex design problems and have a proven ability to create sophisticated and elegant solutions.
• You have outstanding communication/presentation skills to tell your design stories to fellow designers, developers, and product management.
• Self-motivated and driven to get the details right.
• Strong aesthetic intuition
• You’re able to work well with others and don’t have an ego that gets in the way.
• Good sense of humor.
Location Bangalore, India