Microsoft Corporation Sales Manager in Bangalore, India
The Account Team Unit (ATU) Sales Manager role adds value to Microsoft by leading a well-managed, high-performing and continue-growing ATU sales team to deliver year-over-year business and revenue growth. Success is measured by quota achievement; customer's Business Decision Maker (BDM)/Information Technology Decision Maker (ITDM) relationships, business scorecard metrics as defined by fiscal year commitments, individual team members meeting or exceed business targets driven by the Sales Manager's demonstration of leadership and coaching.
The ATU Sales Manager role provides an executive presence for the customer relationships and plays a critical role in driving our customer's digital transformation. The ATU Manager is responsible for:
• Leading the One Microsoft Business Strategy, Planning, and Integration process for your ATU laying the groundwork for revenue attainment, market share growth, and customer satisfaction.
• Establishing a business operations and coaching rhythm that improves the performance of the team and drives consistent, sustainable business results
• Building and maintain a high performing sales team
• Growing Customer Satisfaction by coaching business relevance and by personally engaging with key executives
Maintaining broad Knowledge of Microsoft Technology, Competition, Emerging Technologies and Industry Trends in verticals like Retail, Media & E-commerce.
The goal as a Sales Manager for Retail, Media & E-commerce is to drive client Digital Transformations based on deep understanding of the said industry and its drivers. The role is designed to align individuals who possess established industry experience, expertise and credentials with client business line needs in order to generate more ‘demand pull’ for Microsoft solutions. It is a client facing role that drives growth by positioning Microsoft capabilities, and those of our partners, as business solutions that directly resonate with client needs, in the language of customers.
The seniority of the role evidences to clients Microsoft’s deep understanding of their issues, context, challenges and strategic direction (both client, and the industry in which they operate) and forms a key part of assisting the ATU account teams penetrate client business decision-makers and the key organizational influences that impact their decisions.
Key accountabilities and objectives
▪ Sales Manager accountable for delivering revenue from territory
▪ Drive deeper Industry focus and land partner co sell motion to increase Microsoft’s share of wallet
▪ Lead Industry and sales planning and execution
▪ Lead and develop capabilities to advance customers commitment to the Cloud through industry-led digital architectural roadmap (ATS)
▪ Deliver high quality customer relationships, including personal engagement with BDMs
Measures of success
▪ ATU Performance (revenue & consumption)
▪ Deliver Deal Based Forecast Accuracy and Pipeline Coverage
▪ Quality Customer Plans & Quota Retirement Plans
▪ Design Win
New FY18 Skills/Capabilities
▪ Grow industry subject matter expertise thru industry pure account assignment
▪ Development, Coaching and Performance Mgmt of Technical Sellers (ATS)
▪ Continue coaching improvements aligning with GST execution and principles
Key FY18 Partners
▪ STU – SSM (New Business Pipeline per customer scenario)
▪ CS (Consumption results by customer scenario; Renewal Planning
▪ OCP (Co-Sell Motion, Capacity and Skillsets linked to solutions maps)
▪ Marketing (Lead generation