Microsoft Corporation Sr Design Researcher in Bangalore, India
Senior Design Researcher Bangalore,
We are looking for a talented Design Researcher to join us to help define and inform compelling experiences that empower teams to achieve more together. You will have the opportunity to shape the direction of Microsoft Teams, a new chat-based collaboration app that is changing how people work together. We value creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by the desire to create product experiences people and teams love. As a Design Researcher, you will partner closely with designers, product management, and engineers to define and create new experiences for Microsoft Teams. You will have the opportunity to drive research strategy and employ a wide range of methods, including but not limited to usability testing, contextual inquiry & ethnography, surveys, and online prototype testing.
• You’ll share the responsibility for ensuring a successful user experience for the product and will be expected to:
• Deeply collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver research insights and influence product design
• Identify and prioritize research questions and define the research strategy for your product area Execute research studies and play a key role in making design decisions for the product
• Contribute your research and perspective through the entire product design cycle
• Perform quick yet thorough data analysis to create insightful and actionable results
• Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of the product team .
• A minimum of MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
• 5+ years of industry experience conducting user research and driving tangible outcomes with product teams and a proven track record of success
• Proven experience designing and conducting a range of formative and iterative research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release
• Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of UX research approaches and methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to articulate the implications of research finding in clear and compelling ways; translate research findings into actionable recommendations; ability to translate data into insights
• Track record of collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering) to drive change into products; must be able to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team
• Proven ability to work within tight timelines and with excellent project management skills