VMware Senior Member of Technical Staff in Bengaluru, India
Do you want to work on some of the most exciting aspects of delivering applications to end user in real time and accessing applications and/or desktops from the cloud to any device (mobile or desktop), and work with some of the strongest engineers in application delivery?
Do you want to work with the team focused on real-time application and settings delivery and providing a unified experience for managing the applications delivery, desktop personalizations and user environment settings? App Volumes decouples and segments user-specific desktop and application settings from the Windows operating system, making them available across multiple devices, Windows versions and application instances. Decoupled personalization is independent from the traditional Windows user profiles and allows for easy introduction and management of virtualization technologies and application delivery mechanisms. You will focus on supporting the management and configuration of the dynamic application delivery, personalization settings, and user environment settings.
As a Senior Member of Technical Staff in our Product Engineering team, you will design, develop and maintain tools and feature sets focused on real time application delivery on Azure platform. You’ll also be part of a seasoned and bright engineering team with a culture of open communication, empowerment, innovation, test-driven development (TDD), teamwork and customer success. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and a nimble mindset. The successful candidate will be an innovative and seasoned leader with a 8+ year proven track record in developing and working with complex and innovating technology.
At VMware, you will be challenged to create innovative solutions for our customers by solving complex problems in a team-focused environment. If you are driven to imagine, define and deliver what’s next for the industry and your career while unlocking your full potential, come to VMware. You will have the opportunity to grow in our flexible and dynamic environment, challenge your thinking, and influence the future of technology.
• Developing management layer and services API for the AppVolumes product
• Collaborate with other engineers to develop, detailed software design and documentation
• Develop virtualization technology related new features
• Support internal and external customers
• Provide accurate engineering estimates
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team
• Participate in specification, design, implementation, evangelism and support of the product, as well as improve existing features and product performance
• Work with a small team (1-5) engineers on a daily basis
• Work with technical writers and trainers
• Provides technical leadership within a group on complex problems and issues and contributes to company patent portfolio and publications
• Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree, or equivalent with 8+ years of experience in building enterprise class web applications
• Experience of at-least 4 years of building web applications using NodeJS
• Experience building RESTful API in NodeJS.
• A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
• Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
• Good knowledge of relational databases
• Team player, with the willingness to work with distributed teams (VMware has teams all over the globe)
• Outstanding attitude and energy.
• Excellent communication skills.
Highly Desirable Skills And Experience
• Expierience with developing applications using Ruby On Rails is highly desirable.
• Experience with PostGreSQL and SQLServer a plus
• Experience with VMware APIs a plus (especially vSphere experience developing highly interactive applications)
• Recognized as an engineering leader or technical expert in the domain
• Attract key talent to the team through technical evangelism
• Foster innovation, creative thought and new ideas and / or solutions in team
• Working knowledge of virtualization technologies including hypervisors, and virtual machines.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.