CSC Senior Professional Product Developer in CHENNAI, India
Essential Job Functions
- Performs complex design, implementation, and maintenance of multi product modules/sub-systems to ensure that business needs are met. Assists in outlining new product/service business case justification to ensure that proposed solution is capable of delivering articulated business benefits to clients.
- Participates in product design meetings with management, other developers and cross-functional technical teams to ensure that product development adheres to client specifications and is consistent across various units. May select technology vendors to meet business needs. Participates in determining standards and best practices within area of product expertise.
- Investigates matters of significance discovered by quality assurance and product support to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed to address current and potential problems. Provides insight and advice to customers concerning applicability of specific complex products/technologies.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on product systems, processes, network architecture, and interface capabilities. Selects, oversees and implements technical product components, ensuring that solutions address client concerns. Coordinates development activities and compares solutions with other product development managers, vendors, and cross-functional technical groups to ensure solutions to product problems are consistent.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits to ensure that final product is functional and meets client specifications. Manages client expectations and balances the needs of organization and client to ensure satisfaction for the various relevant parties.
- Assists sales and consulting engineering teams in designing and integrating products into client environments. Works with end users and stakeholders to address requirements, usability, change requests, and define future functionality.
- Identifies potential uses for product and technologies, addresses issues and designs strategies to ensure that product meets business needs. Recommends specific product configurations to assist with overall product design and integration. Provides insight and advice to customers regarding applicability of complex products/technologies.
- Creates plans for acceptance testing. Conducts and/or participates in tests and leads product launches into new and existing markets to ensure that product meets business needs. Works with clients during requirements definition to ensure that business needs can be met; works with vendors and operations groups on interoperability testing.
- Researches and understands the business environment including, target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues to ensure that product marketing strategies address relevant issues effectively. Researches new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
- Designs and conducts user training courses. Determines training courses needed to address gaps in client knowledge of products and processes. Customizes training courses to fit client environment and needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, information systems, computer science, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of technical experience in product design and support
- Experience working with client enterprise products, services, and strategies; and technical products, vendors, families of technologies, and product configurations
- Experience working with product development life cycle, product and platform configurations, and business processes as they impact overall product plans
- Experience working with technology architecture, mainframes, scheduling software, and other related technologies
- Experience working with programming design, programming concepts and coding languages
- Experience working with development tools, processes, approaches and/or techniques
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation and communication skills to communicate with clients, support personnel and management
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to anticipate problems, deal with and resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- Ability to work with relational databases
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel
Job: *Product Portfolio Management
Title: Senior Professional Product Developer
Requisition ID: 1700LJ3