Cisco Software Engineer_Chennai in Chennai, India
- Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Area of Interest Engineer - Software
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest Internet of Everything, Networking
- Job Id 1205077
You will be part of CSC PI Common team and working in OpenFlow and FHRPprotocols. You will be involved in design and development of features in thepioneer Cisco IOS Operating Systems. You will primarily work in PlatformIndependent software and will collaborate with platform teams based on thenature of feature. We are on various products spanning across multipleplatforms in Enterprise and DataCenter.
Who You'll Work With
The Core Software Group (CSG) Platform Independent (PI) common group isresponsible for driving the PI software that works across Cisco's flagshiprouters and switches. We design and develop high-performance system softwarefor various Cisco Platforms which includes Enterprise Switching & Routers,Datacenter Switches, and Service Provider Routing Platforms.
Who You Are
We require creative and talented engineers with experience in developinghigh-quality networking products on schedule, with strong communication andcollaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this role, you will beresponsible for designing and implementing new features, as well as maintainingexisting features and areas.
• Good experience in developing s/w in C, under multi-threaded environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Sound fundamentals in Data Structures, Operating Systems and Data Networkingfundamentals
• Strong Layer 2/Layer 3 expertise
• Hands on experience in TCP/IP and sockets programming.
• Exposure to Enterprise technologies is added advantage.
• Exposure to development of large/complex network devices includingrouting& switching systems.
• Strong hands on implementation experience with one or more of the following:
RTOS Internals, High Availability, IPC, Memory management, Distributedcommunications Infrastructure
• Ability to create and work on Solutions Independently.
• Demonstrated ability to work with technical interfaces in multi-location,across business units.
• Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must utilizethese skills to communicate effectively across all groups in the organization.
• Willing to work with and excel in teams spanning geographies and physicalboundaries
• Quick learner who is self-driven and has a passion to excel
Preferred Experience and Education:
• Typically requires BSEE/CS or MS/CS or equivalent with 5 years relevantexperience in internetworking technologies and applications.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovateeverywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smartcities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style withunique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works,lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have afew purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity thatfuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.