UBS Financial Services Application Lead - Java Full Stack Engineer in Pune, India
Job Reference #:
Are you a self-starter? Do you have the zeal to accept technical challenges and deliver within tight deadlines?
We are looking someone like this to:
– deliver technical change to the Hierarchy Master suite of applications by guaranteeing accurate, on-time execution, adherence to quality standards, timely
– participate in the project life-cycle from requirements specification to implementation, ensuring that the solution fits its intended purpose from a functional, technical, and quality perspective
– understand the project plan, dependencies and own responsibilities in this context
– ensure awareness of & adherence to industry trends and firm-wide strategies and initiatives
– develops technical solutions (included high / low level technical designs, specification and technology evaluations) using firms' approved methodologies.
– support Hierarchy Master IT Delivery Lead in implementing department's IT strategy and other continuous improvement projects and support Project Managers during project initiation and planning phase.
Application Lead - Java Full Stack Engineer
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be Software Engineer working with local development team to provide adequate software solutions following standard development life-cycle processes.
You'll also be working and engaging business analysts, developers and end-users at appropriate stages in project life-cycle.
Your experience and skills:
at least 5+ years hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
strong understanding of MVC, Core Java, JEE Design Patterns, RDBMS
proven work experience as a Database developer and hands on experience with SQL
working experience on Agile tools such as JIRA, GitHub and CI tools such as TeamCity, Gradle, Nexus, etc.
strong Java JEE with Spring framework, Hibernate, XML, JQuery and Web service development skills required
development experience on Apache Tomcat required
strong verbal and written communication skills
experience in software development for the financial industry
ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?